Wednesday 28 November 2018

Trees and things

Although I walk out on the commons daily, often twice daily, and often rhapsodize at extremely boring length about the beauty of it all,  I rarely paint landscapes or trees or any large intimidating nature stuff. I don't quite know where to start, and how to fit it in, and how to make that many greens. This was one attempt, which I don't mind at all. Especially as I painted it sitting on the ground with the dog tied to my foot as I couldn't find anything else! Then he saw a rabbit... 




Bringing bits of nature home seems far easier - I quite liked my little shadow on this one. 




I was also bringing bits of trees home to examine as I was determined once and for all to learn the differences between pines, firs, and spruces. Which I did. If anyone needs to know, just ask, quickly, before I forget again.


And although I figured out how to recognise a pine - I was unaware there were so so many different varieties of them!  Baffling.  I'm happy staying at the extremely simplistic end of this identification malarky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment