Tuesday 27 November 2018

Summer and yet more sketching resolutions

Oops, life got in the way of  oil painting - yes, that old excuse again- and I had weirdly forgotten about sketching. Then this summer Lou came home from uni with a new sketch-a-day habit ( not the worst habit to come out of uni with) and myself and Evy joined in too. Having sketching companions meant I was brave enough to move away from the kitchen table, and we head off to many exotic locations, well, when I say exotic, it was Surrey churchyards mainly.  Painshill Park was a good starter day out as it had different style little buildings to practice on, and no pesky people about to witness our early attempts.



It was an encouraging trip, one okay pic, two duds, that'll do. I like looking back over these; they are fab reminders of some great days out.

We tried a few museums - this was the one in Haslemere: Evy was drawing a lovely case of butterflies, and then after the drawing, Ev and Lou had gas craic out in the museum garden attempting to play croquet.



And we tootled off to the Sculpture Park near by in Churt, although I didn't find stuff I wanted to draw and mostly sulked instead. 



And this was the Rural Life Center at Tilford: 






No comments:

Post a Comment