Tuesday 27 November 2018

I Urban Sketched! in London! All by myself!

Somehow or another, a few practice churches and I mustered up the courage or daftness to go off out and draw buildings in a busy urban location, and not just any old half decently populated location, but bang on in the middle of Trafalgar Square. I was heading up to London anyway as I volunteer at the Courtauld - so I brought my pad and paints etc with me. Being totally honest, and regardless of the results, I was dead chuffed with myself!


I only meant to try the lions or something in Trafalgar Square, but it was terrifically hot and the only shady spot I could find to sit sort of faced the National Gallery -oops!



The next week I went back to Trafalgar Square but faced St Martin in the Fields. It turns out that the 'pesky people' I have been dreading drawing in front of are either utterly uninterested or really nice and friendly.

The following week I sat in the Courtauld Courtyard, and was almost late for my shift as I was totally befuddled by all the windows, pillars and frankly, unnecessary details! 

No comments:

Post a Comment