Wednesday 28 November 2018

A Summer of Churches

I have never ever sat in, or expected to sit in, quite so many churchyards, but as a quiet place to sit and have a bit of a draw, they are perfect. This is  my local church, which I've never actually taken much notice of before. That is one of the things I'm enjoying most about sketching - it's just good for making you look at things. I also like the fact that all that looking and concentrating just clears your head, no thinking, no stresses/ lists/jobs/plans/worries about the future - it all just buggers off for a while.


This one was done up at St. Martha's near Guildford. We all went up there, Lou and I were sketching, Paul and Evy were hanging around relaxing. It was sunny and lovely, with far reaching views, and I squished the poor church tower down. which I keep doing :-/ 




This was done after the girls went back to uni - just me Paul and the dog. We went to Selbourne, which is a deadly pretty village and is our go-to place for picking wild garlic in the spring. We had a bit of a walk, sat on a bench with fine sandwiches and chrisps and beer, and then wandered up to the churchyard. Paul and Max were very patient with me! 





No comments:

Post a Comment