Wednesday 28 November 2018

It's been a funny old summer.

It has been a gorgeous summer weather wise, and a gorgeous summer family wise, despite it being the summer that also included a bit of a dread diagnosis. Still, we'll muddle on.

The girls have gone back to uni - I miss them in all sorts of ways, and I also miss  having them as sketching buddies. Luckily enough Paul is wonderfully patient  with me sitting there staring, concentrating and cursing. Especially if it involves a pub and a pint: This was done in the garden of our local.


A bit of autumn sun still allowed for some walks and picnics and sketching attempt. I don't think a lot of these work particularly well as sketches, but they work brilliantly well as visual diaries for remembering a day out. This was on the top of Chinthurst hill:  sunny, chicken and avocado sandwiches, sketching, distant gun shot, Max freaking out, hurried departure. 



This is a reminder, hardly needed really, of lots of time spent at the Royal Surrey Hospital.Still, it works as a reminder of lunch on a bench, a sunny day, and relaxed gaps between appointments.


And this is my favourite type of sketch, not aesthetically, but it absolutely brings a smile to my face - I had to go to Tilford so I brought the dog, and we had gas craic with sticks and the water - he was being an absolutely  hilarious noodle. 




I suspect that now with the girls gone and the winter coming - my sketching will be less about sun and sandwiches, and more about sitting in car parks while doing the shopping! 


No comments:

Post a Comment