Tuesday 27 November 2018

Doodling with Daughter around Bristol

It has been utterly fabulous that both my daughters have caught the sketching bug this summer, it's been an absolutely gorgeous way of spending time with them- I love it when we are all sitting silently and peacefully concentrating, brows furrowed, tongues out - although I think might just be me.

Me and Ev tootled off to Bristol for a couple of days and attempted a bit of urban sketching. I'm still a bit apprehensive about sitting in busy places, she's totally up for it. We even had people stop and take our photo a couple of times, although I have a sneaking suspicion they are focusing on the young and lovely artist and are cropping out her mum.


This was at St Nicholas Market; we sat in a cafe outside and drew, which I wouldn't have dared do alone. I bought a cool orange bag in the market, to replace an old one I've had since the kids were babbies. 



This is the Cathedral from College Green - we sat there one sunny evening, people just lounging  around in the grass in the sun - eating, drinking, playing, and us two painting - all perfect.




And this Cabot tower. I suppose it's probably not really urban sketching as such if you deliberately avoid the urban and find nice quiet parks, but hey ho, these things take time. 


And this is Evy, doing her Cabot Tower. 




No comments:

Post a Comment