Wednesday 28 November 2018

Of Cabbages and Things

Much though I'd love to be off  sketching my days away in the sun, the reality is of course far more prosaic. I'm often at home itching to practice, but can't for the life of me decide what to paint.  Food works though, especially when, in the case of these this glorious buttonhole kale, you buy it just because it looks so wonderful. Having said that, it tasted pretty good too, and kept a lot of the purple colour once cooked.









Okay, I bought these yellow beetroots for the very same reason! Utterly irresistible no? 






Mackerel are always tempting to paint, but luckily I also adore eating them.


And I actually grew these borlotti beans! admittedly it was a lousy crop, but still. 



Salmon Nicoise for dins -  how can I, Irish born and bred, be so lousy at painting a spud. 



And a packet of pasta - I think I just wanted to try out using masking fluid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment