Wednesday 28 November 2018

The Day that The Circus Came to Town ( sorry Eartha)

I drop Paul into town/hospital each morning now, and en route one morning we saw a circus setting up. I had the sketch stuff in the car ( I'm rarely that organised or keen) so I parked and hung around. I was delighted that I did as it was really cool to watch all the work and organisation that goes into the whole set-up business - it is like a super-fast colourful construction site. It was fun and tricky to sketch though, as it all happens so quickly; one minute there are a few guys and a few cables, the next minute there is a huge tent.


I sat around the back then where the horses were and the ring master came over for a natter.He told me about an artist, Curtis Tappenden, that comes along to performances and does live circus drawings and paintings. Fair dues - can't be easy! 



The pic below isn't from the circus but is from Holycombe Steam fair , but it seems to sort of fit in here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment