Wednesday 28 November 2018

Escape to Seville

We figured we deserved a break and a rest after all Paul's health stuff. Well, he deserved a break and a rest, I just selflessly accompanied him.

So off we went to Seville. All we were looking for was a bit of warmth, some tootling around,  some good food, and if anyone was offering a glass or four of wine to go with it all, well it'd be rude to say no.

 I wasn't sure what to expect weather-wise in November, but it was lovely. Yes, it was a bit showery and a bit cloudy, but there was also some glorious sun and it was astonishingly mild. I sat in the Plaza Espagna doing this ( far too complex a subject) in perfect warmth, with flamenco buskers playing in the background, feeling utterly relaxed and utterly lucky.



We went into the Cathedral one morning in the rain, and came out to gorgeous sunshine, so we sat in  blissful warmth in the courtyard of oranges while I attempted and failed to deal with the radical foreshortening of the Cathedral tower. 


I also attempted to draw from our apartment window, just as the sun was going down. The sky was changing ever so quickly so this is total painting panic.


 Apart from the weather, another thing that felt entirely unseasonal was the food - the tomatoes are still incredibly flavoursome, in November! I was scoffing serious amounts of them on crusty bread for my breakfast and was loving it!




I didn't sketch as much as I would have liked, it was too too nice just sitting about, being dumbfounded that you can have warm sun in November. I suppose I better go back and try harder another time??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment