Thursday 15 November 2012

Pas de soupe

This week I've been painting two bowls, each day, paint, wipe. I'm trying to work out what goes first, darks, lights, main bits, small bits. Its fun, but I'm not necessarily sure I'm any the wiser. It it also for drawing practice, especially nasty horrid elipse things.
I didn't wipe this one, but I may. No point keeping everything, but also nice to  keep a record. I like the blog as a record , it's a record without a cupboard full of dead paintings. There is something a bit liberating and a bit destructive about obliterating what you have just made.
I need to have a good old think about compposition too.

3 comments:

  1. Bowls are hard, try just one bowl - your spoon is so good! You are doing very well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! To me that's what this "daily" painting and blogging thing is all about! Just painting and more painting and recording the progress. It's a chance to experiment and learn without much investment of time in each piece. Your work always has a nice fresh spontaneous look! Love your brush strokes and the colors in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. I think the 'spontaneous' look is actually a reflection of the mad panic to try and fit a painting in when time is in such horridly short supple!

    ReplyDelete