Wednesday 28 November 2012

Flower P gave me ( because parenting was cracking me up)

This lily, ( for that is what it is) didn't fit in my shadow box ( cardboard box), so I had to poke a hole in the corner of the box and feed it through. I may have kilt the poor thing. I nearly killed  myself ( exaggeration) , the studio ( garage) is bloody freezing. Even with a heater, and slippers, and  scarf, and the odd daft dance, I was petrified with the cold. Fab excuse for the next few months.
I couldn't quite decide what overall colour this was, so I kind of put it together with different colours in a kind of  jigsaw way. It makes it too bitty I think, it's not quite obvious what's going on . Also, I think I  made the shadows on the flower too dark. Also, how did I not spot the too regular stamen shadows until now?

5 comments:

  1. I love it! You are too hard on yourself! I wasn't brave enough to go to my shed - it is SO cold! I have turned the heater on low for the night so perhaps I might do some painting, you are putting me to shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Softie! :-)
      Yes I'm hard on myself, that's the whole idea. I have to find the faults if I am to improve. It probably looks like compliment fishing , but it's along the lines of 'memo to self' - If I just think everything is 'nice', well, I wont get any better. I'm loving it though, it's not a miserable moan!
      thank you by the way :-)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! Very light and delicate! Hope you can figure out a way to get that garage warm or else move your painting operation inside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :-)
    There is no way that garage - big , wood, broken window, gap under door - is every going to be warm. It's a choice between wrapping up or dragging my mess inside. ho hum :-/

    ReplyDelete