Sunday 29 June 2014

Trying a tree again

I quite liked sitting outside doing the tree, so I tried again this morning. The garden is tricky for a good pic, lots of green, lots of up close finickity detail. I walked about for an age trying to find something that looked good composition wise, but then decided that it didn't matter really if all I was doing was tree practice, so I just sat in the shade and went for it.


I got a bit lost in tree detail, one minute I'm looking at overall shapes and the next, I'm trying to do a goddam leaf. I think the grass/shadow is better than the last attempt though, so that's okay.

If I'm to keep going with this plein air business, I'd really want not to end up with paint on my jeans, my hands and my eyebrows. I came inside with green lips, how did that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment