Friday 20 June 2014

Finally dug out the oils again.

I had no idea what to paint after not painting for so long - I want to be able to paint everything!... but where to start!! I was sort of beating myself up about not going off doing the real thing - i.e go off and do Plein air - but I just cannot make that sort of time at the mo. Instead I figure if I want to learn landscape stuff, well then it's just going to have to be from photos. I know that painting from photos is deeply frowned on by proper Plein air painters, but if you are getting experience mixing colours, applying paint or again, just looking , well that must be of value.

This was taken up  at the top of the road at Guinea common,.The dog kept leaping in disturbing the water when I wanted it to be beautifully still. P was there flinging sticks in, aren't family great!

 
I spent an age doing the bottom bit of water, I just couldn't mix pinks and purples for a pond. It was only when I stopped thinking of it as a pond and just looked at patches of colour that I managed it. I just applied lots of blobs for each patch,  stood back, and it had sort of worked.
 
P says it is lacking a focal point, the kids have suggested a periscope...again - isn't familial support just wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment