Friday 27 June 2014

Tree practice and unhelpful weather

I thought it would be good to just practice doing a tree now and then; if I ever go off out and paint outdoors, it just may come in handy to know what to do when confronted by one in the wild. The Mulberry in the garden seemed a good place to start. Sun out, paints out, hopes up.


Almost immediately the sun went in! how mean was that. I had sketched in the shadow on the grass, but it then disappeared, as did any helpful highlights on the tree, as did the contrast between the tree and the hedge behind. Therefore there was no subject except some green. So lo and behold, I did a picture of some green. 

Max the dog wasn't impressed, he sat beside me pulling up moss with his teeth and depositing it on my pic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment