Saturday 9 August 2014

Not quite Tate Modern

I popped up to London to see the Malevich exhibition in the Tate ( extremely interesting) and took a photo from a balcony. The shadow of the huge chimney was falling rather dramatically on the scene below. It was a daft subject to try and paint,  but I just liked the idea of giving it a go.


There's a huge amount of blankish space, and absolutely nothing is in focus, plus the shadow makes the clump of birches look like they have a sharp corner plus plus plus - still, I loved doing it. I realised I haven't been painting because now that the hols are here, so are my daughters, and for some reason, I'm quite uncomfortable painting with anyone around. Anyway, I locked myself in the end room and told everyone to pretend I didn't exist. which worked apart from approximately 57 milliion interruptions.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great composition; I love the shape of the shadow and the little people give scale to the scene. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very nice of you to say so - thank you!

    ReplyDelete