Thursday 30 August 2012

Bowl for nuts

I bought this odd bowl/stand in Cork when we were home, I'm a sucker for white china. I don't really know what it's for, it's like a little stand for displaying your favourite apple that day. I think it may have been labelled as a nut bowl, which may well refer to the purchaser rather than the purpose.
Oh where to start: Elipse thing proved tricky. Cherries have too much reflection and not enough cherryness. And it's hard to make shadows on a bowl without going into murkiness. Ah well, live and learn etc.

2 comments:

  1. You are way too critical of your own work! I like these cherries - perfect little stems on them too! And I would have been tempted to buy this bowl also. Nice colors in your whites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that's very nice of you. I suppose being critical is kind of why I'm doing this though, and is part of my learning process. I reckon to progress, I have to find what I'm not happy with, then have some wine and think about it :-)

    ReplyDelete