Saturday 1 September 2012

Crab Apples.

The only problem about being out in the garage is the lack of decent subject matter. I can't seem to get excited about rusty saws, bits of wire, or dead cans of paint. After frustratingly wasting heaps of time trying to arrange bits, I ended up rather desperatly running around the  garden looking for something that looked nice and wouldn't wilt under the spotlight. Crab apples seemed to fit the bill.
After wasting so much time I rushed this, not really expecting anything to happen, and definitely expecting to mess up the scissors. Funnily enough, I quite like the result. It's looser and therefore a bit more alive. The moral must be to carelessly dash things off in a hurry!
Compositionally it could be stronger, the is a lot of blue in the top that I didn't quite know what to do with.
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Evie! So glad I found your link on the Traveling Chicken blog. Your work is fresh, wonderful and lively! I just started my blog a few months ago and got a big jump in traffic when I joined Daily Paintworks.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these scissors! I think the background is perfect, love the strokes & color changes in it.

    And I agree with Kathleen - DPW definitely increased my traffic to my blog. I've made quite a few contacts (& sales) through Daily Paintworks - I recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both very much for your nice comments. For the moment, I'm much more comfortable off on my litle learning journey in (relative) quiet and privacy. Having a blog seems like a big enough step!

    ReplyDelete