Wednesday 29 August 2012

Peppers in Dorset

The only other thing I painted while on hols were some peppers I bought at Bridport market, fab market, and fab fruit and veg. With all that choice I should have bought something else as I don't find peppers easy for some reason.

Peppers day one: I was very cross at this pic, the bowl is wonky and the colours are a bit murky.

Peppers day two: better.
Peppers day three: I have no idea why on earth I chose this angle, as it left a big bit of nothing on one side of the pic, but painting the glass bits etc was very enjoyable.
Pic of kitchen set up which I think convincingly demonstrates that painting wasn't easy and that therefore sitting on the deck in the sun with a book was by far the most sensible thing to do.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the T.C. project! Thrilled to have you raise your hand to join in! Love your paintings.....ala Carol Marine-ish. I'm always envious of those brush strokes when people are using oil/acrylic. Can't wait to see what happens when the Little Chicken gets to your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! A comment! my first :-)
      Thank you. Yes, it was seeing CM's work that made me realise that to learn to paint I didn't have to trot off to the countryside with a massive blank canvas, I could just practice small and at home... her work is inspiring and daunting at the same time.
      It's a bit scary to 'raise your hand', but this is all very exciting.

      Delete
  2. Hi Evie,Love your work!Just discovered you on the Travelling chicken blog,how exciting that the hen is coming back to the UK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Azra, thank you!
      The Travelling Chicken idea is a lovely thing for you to have started. What an interesting journey.

      Delete