Sunday 31 August 2014

Attempting to run long long before I've got walking sorted.

Another ridiculous picture to attempt in terms of complexity. For some reason I wanted to try it, probably because of the light -it was taken on an early morning walk through an oyster farm of all things - but it was beyond my abilities.



Which is not to say I didn't love the trying. I did. And I'm learning. Among other issues,  I'm much too impatient for this type of thing, the drawing and perspective etc needed way more thought and attention, but I was dying to get going. It's overworked and murky in places, but there is something about the middle bit that I think slightly works for early morning light, so that's something. 

The study books have arrived - Art of the Twentieth Century - even a quick glace at the intro had me frantically rummaging through the dictionary, so I imagine painting will be pushed aside a bit. If I do still paint I'll try and sensibly paint simpler subjects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment