Friday 22 August 2014

Some Statuary

I don't know why I decided to do this pic, I suppose even though I know it was  not the most suitable, but I liked the golden glow in the water of the basin. So worth a go, anyway I'm  sort of in the mood to try anything at all as soon enough the study will start again and I'll probably end up not painting for ages.


I drew the fountain a bit lopsidedly, and it is weird compositionally, but the right hand foliage isn't my worst, and I quite like my pillars blending in to the shadows a bit. 

The pic was taken looking down a long avenue in the Boboli gardens in Florence last October. We paid the entrance fee meaning of course to walk about attempting  to be all cultured etc, but actually, we found the first bit of grass, a lovely lawn in front of the palace,  and all fell sound asleep in the late afternoon sun. Lovely day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment