Wednesday 3 July 2013

Water lilies

I hate it when you manage to make time and really really want to get painting, and then have no notion what on earth to paint. I wasted so much time thinking about it, and then just decided quickly pick a photo and quit faffing.  This was taken last week in the woods up the road from us.

 
I'm loving the act of painting, I love the mixing and applying the paint and the concentrating. And I'm loving just learning. The end result isn't of real importance at the moment, so I don't know why I waste time over subject matter. Daft really.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful waterlilies! I just finished two plein air paintings of waterlilies one completely failed so I appreciate a really great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you, how very nice of you to comment.

    ReplyDelete