Friday 12 July 2013

Cows in fields behind Elstead

We pass a couple of fields of cows often on our morning walks, and at that time of the day they are hanging around obligingly close to the path . Three times now I have hauled myself, the dog and my watercolour stuff to the fields later in the day to sketch them, and each time they have been huddled at the far far farthest edge of the field and have been undrawable. Rotters. I've taken lots of zoom pics instead.

 
I'll get around to sketching them sometime, but I have no idea how you would go about painting them on location. I'm sure by the time I've sorted a colour out , or cleaned a brush, they would have ambled off elsewhere.
I've not really tried bushes and trees before, I was squinting so much I think I was doing it with my eyes shut. As a technique, this has some very obvious limitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment