Tuesday 16 July 2013

Some summer sketches

Well I have been painting, but I've been painting the exterior woodwork on the house which is no fun whatsoever. I did a rubbish job on it anyway, and managed to get impossible to remove paint on legs, shorts, dog, path and plants. I've been keeping up sketching though and have finished pad number 3. Ta Da. That's the end of the Moleskin. The long format didn't suit me, although, it was okay for this foxglove:

 
I need to leave home more often, I've been sketching looking out of doors and windows:
 
 
And I've been sketching bits of rooms:
 
 
And I've been sketching any flowers in the garden:
 


I get a bit fiddly and faffy too easily, so sometimes I have to try and force myself to be looser:
 


I've given one of my daughters some watercolours, so she was sitting out in the garden sketching with me last night, while my other daughter was out there reading with us. Nice way to spend an evening.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment