Thursday 13 September 2012

coloured glass

I ran about the house looking for something what wasn't a little white dish and brought a selection of stuff out to the garage. It's the third time I have met the postman en route. I had a lamp under my arm, and a tray with a vase, serving spoons, scissors, tea light holders, chillies, a global knife, glass medicine bottles and an aubergine. He is beginning to give me funny looks.
This, for me , was mightily hard. It even too an age to draw it. It must be the longest it ever took me to paint anything & I've now developed a  permanently furrowed brow ! I'm actually quite pleased with this, yes, there are problems, but I found it a huge challenge, and think, in the main, I didn't do too badly.

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done! Glass can be so tricky but you did a great job. Even though you say you worked on it a long time it still appears to be fresh and spontaneous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen, coming from someone whose glass is done to beautiful perfection, I will take that as a big compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to avoid colored glass for that very reason. Good job!

    ReplyDelete