Wednesday 5 September 2012

Proper paints!

I got real paints! As in, I bought proper artists oils. So far I have been using student stuff (Winsor and Newton Winton range) which I have to say, I have really enjoyed using. For some reason, I figured having the real thing would be much better.
 
What I didn't at all expect, was for it all to be harder! The paints were so different to use, thicker and stickier, and therefore I had to add medium, and dip into things, and have to think about a whole heap of new stuff like consistency.  I had envisioned buttery beautifulness, paint swirling on sublimly, masterpieces miraculously appearing effortlessly from the brush. ( Okay, I exagerate). I feel I have a whole new learning experience to go through! Bummer.
 
This set up was entirely to try out the colours and see if they were okay. The Yellow I bought is too orange... and at this price!!! .

No comments:

Post a Comment