Friday 18 March 2011

Onwards and upwards - tomatoes!

The peppers had given their all, but luckily some nice big toms arrived in the veg box. The process seems to be the same each time: huge excitement and anticipation, followed by muddled , dejected middle, followed by attempt to retrieve seemingly lost cause.

 I'm sort of pleased with this! I'd go so far as saying I like it. They do manage to look like apples with tomato tops though. The colour here is a bit different than the real thing, actually, all these pics look better on the screen than in real life. I need to work on tone, I can't seem to decide what should be how dark, if that makes sense. I also need to know how to mix good dark darks.
Again,  an hour and a half, but too much of that is faffing: looking for bits, taping things onto kitchen cupboards, finding the lamp. I've missed lunch again and am famished, maybe I should eat the stuff rather than paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment