Thursday 17 March 2011

Attempt no 2.

Part of the reason that learning to paint with oils seems possible now, is that I'm going to try still life, and I'm going to try small. I've watercoloured before, but only life drawing, and there is a disapointing lack of naked people draped around my kitchen most days, so that's out. My attempts at w/colour landscapes were cringeworthy and I had no idea how to redress that. Also, takes too much time/effort/weather/ etc to go find and sit in front of  the outdoors.

Still life however is accessible, and fit-in-able. Peppers; look good, nice colour, shape doesn't take as much skill as somethings, i.e. it may not be noticible when it's not right.

I'm actually quite chuffed!! It's not what I am aiming for, but it isn't a total horror. I like the background colours, and I like the  shadow colour, although, it doesn't work as a shadow: the pepper is floating. I knelt on the floor doing it, both legs died.

Considering that is the first time ever ever I've painted with oils, I like the feel of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment