Thursday 17 March 2011

Attempt no.4

 Today was  1) the day I got my own paints instead of borrowing, ( first oil paints ever, v. exciting!)  and 2) the day I started this blog. The blog I suppose is an attempt at incentivising myself. Hopefully things will progress, and maybe looking back will make me aware of this and spur me on . Of course, things may go nowhere, but I shall optimistically believe otherwise for the mo.



Oh it's all so tricky. I think I thought things would go better quicker. Again, there are bits that I like, and bits I'm disapointed with: The stalks are bad, I've lost the shape of the bulbous bits at the top of the peppers, some of the background is sludgy . Hell, at least they look like peppers.
This took 1hour 25 min start to finish, i.e, getting out stuff, painting, and then tidying away. It's not easy to find an hour and a half; lunch, which I love and look forward to, was a miserable snatch of a bit of scone. Oh the life of a painter is a story of  hardship and deprivation!
The peppers may have had enough, they are flagging, I think we'll eat them tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment