Sunday 28 August 2016

Sunday morning

I rarely get the paints out on a Sunday, as I hate painting when people are around, but we were around all day with no great plans and I felt like painting, so I  just shouted at anyone who came near me. 




My vase is a bit wonky and my poor flowers just barely fit in the picture, but both are because it is an attempt to look down on a long vase and therefore all sorts of weird foreshortening was at play which was darned tricky.  I was trying like mad to just see darks and lights, and not see individual petals, which works in places, not in others. I'd like to be able to simplify more.

 I think these flowers should last a couple more days, hopefully I can give them another shot. It was P's birthday yesterday - I very thoughtfully, and not at all with an ulterior motive, and not thinking about painting at all at all, and regardless of the fact he doesn't really care about flowers, bought him some for the occasion. 

1 comment: