Monday 18 March 2013

Rain and the dog

It's hard to get bothered or excited or interested; this endless rain and lousy Spring sap the life out of you. I took the photo for this last October in West Witterings. I'm not entirely sure we have seen the sun since!
 



I utterly forgot to post about the other main distraction that has arrived in out lives:
 
Max, who is about 9 months old. He's a Collie/Labrador. Daft as anything. Also rather nice. At about lunch time every day I have a think whether I should spend the next hour painting or walking the dog. He wins. Walks are tedious stop/start affairs as he is slowly learning to walk nicely on a lead. He does extraordinarily well until we see a dog/child/bike/lorry/leaf/clump of grass. It would be so so much nicer if most of this  walking wasn't in the bloody rotten, persistant, unwelcome, relentless, dull an perfectly horrid rain.
 

2 comments:

  1. Max looks and sounds lovely! I love the painting too! We have been very lucky with weather in southwest Scotland - snow is just beginning to fall now though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! We have worse weather than Scotland!! :-)

    ReplyDelete