Thursday 19 July 2012

Jam jar

We're off on hol back to Ireland tomorrow, so the fridge and fruit bowl are all a bit bare. The ( quite past it) apple seemed to be the only thing in the house, apart from potatoes.I faffed about for ages with different different dishes, spoons etc, and then , for some unknown reason , picked the most complicated jam jar I could lay my hands on.
The idea with the jar was to indicate a jar in a few clever brushstrokes, a la Carol Marine, who seems to be able to indicate glass just using a few perfectly placed swipes of the brush. It didn't work out that way, a few swipes, looked, well, like a few swipes. So I spent an absolute age on fiddling and faffing. The result isn't at all what I was aiming for, but, I'm not unchuffed with it. I may even be a teeny bit pleased. 
There is so so much every time to think about, so much that you have to get right or it's wrong. if it's not composition, its brush strokes, or shadows, or line, or colour, or edges..... sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment