Thursday 18 October 2012

Framed!

I'm all chuffed and excited. This is the first time I've had a picture properly framed, I picked it up today and have been childishly smiley since.
It just seems to have transformed from being a sort of thing hanging around the kitchen into, well, sort of  a proper painting. How cool is that!
I got it framed to send to Mom for her birthday. I tootled off to the framers fully expecting to get some nice minamalist modern plain thing, and then I got a bit carried away, and ended up with more frame than picture :-)
If anyone happens to see this that happens to live in Surrey that happens to need a picture framed, it was done very reasonably  by a  nice chap in Farncombe in Aquarius framing.

4 comments:

  1. Evie, the bigger frame really sets this painting up to "MONUMENTAL" status.
    Love this simple elegant painting! I look foreword to your take on our Traveling Chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm loving the 'monumental'! I'll have to ring Mom and tell her , especially as she is threatening downstairs back bathroom for my monumental picure :-)

      Thank you for your very nice compliment.

      Delete
  2. Your frame is a perfect size for your work - skimpy mouldings don't do it for me!
    Love your piece too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Margaret - nice to see someone else from (vaguely) this part of the world .

    ReplyDelete