Wednesday 13 March 2019

What colour is mayonnaise?

Saturday  mornings float my boat;  I love having an extra large extra long breakfast, with an extra huge pot of tea, I love eating that breakfast while browsing through the paper, and possibly doing the Sudoku, and I love that not long after the whole extended breakfast affair - it's nearly time for lunch!







Lunch usually consists of a good chewy baguette sandwich with decent ham, home made mayo, toms, leaves and mustard; we stray away from this occasionally, but always find our way back pretty quickly. I'm usually sort of okay with my colour mixing, but I ended up staring at the jar of mayo for a ridiculously long time trying to figure out how to make, well, a creamy bland colour.





The curry ingredients came from the Thai shop in Guildford - they have some fabulous looking odd veg in there, most of which I'm entirely clueless about so I chicken out of buying them. I  hadn't bought yard long beans before - kinda longer beans are hardly an adventurous step into the unknown though!




Some days I'm just really itching to sketch-  there seems to be something a bit addictive about it. This is why I ended up sitting over a bubbling pot of  bean and harissa soup - squinting and drooling simultaneously. Good soup!

And then sometimes, I get the urge to sketch, but figure I'll skip the drooling part of the process, and just draw the kitchen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment