Tuesday 8 January 2013

Big cloud from hill above Abbotsbury


Christmas in Ireland was fab, really really nice. We're back now and have to settle back to the dull routine of dark school mornings and I really have to try and get my study head back on.  But oops, I got  the paints out instead. I've wanted to attempt a bigger pic for a while, just to see what it would be like to paint, and I've wanted to try clouds for a while, to see how that would go, so:

 I absolutely loved painting this. While the plan was to keep painting small still lifes for practice and experience, I seem to be getting a bit tempted and waylaid by other subjects. I'm happy enough with the cloud bit. Less so with the land , I think I went at that a bit too quickly. I might go back and redo bits. It's 10" by 12" so was a bit intimidating compared to my usual small squares. Huge huge fun though.

(edit: this is version two now after going back and redoing some of the fields)

1 comment: