Tuesday 17 May 2011

kohlrabi

It's been an age since I've manage to try and paint anything, we went off for our hols, but I brought my study stuff rather than the paint stuff, then I had a ferocious assignment. I was all excited about trying again, but it wore off pretty soon!
A kohlrabi  arrived in the veg box, they are pretty weird looking for veg, and I'm sure could look cool if painted well. Unfortunately, I went wrong all over the place. Picking a background that merged into rather than enhanced the veg wasn't too bright. I also got utterly lost amoung the leaves and stalks, impatient rather than accurate drawing. Also, no matter how much I squinted, I couldn't really find enough shadow/contrast to make it come to life. Strangely, even though I dislike the results, I still really enjoy the attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment