Thursday 31 January 2013

My Side of the Room

As I don't have the courage, equipment, courage, time or now that I think of it, courage, to go off outside and paint, I'm practising by painting indoor 'plein air' - ahem- well, it is a cold house, it's awfully like being outside.

 
I figure it must be good practise for actual real live outdoors stuff, but I'll have to come up with a better system than a kitchen tray balanced precariously on a stool.
 
 
That was a failed attempt at the sitting room, waaaaay to complicated - how on earth are you supposed to approach bookshelves.  Also, the light keeps changing - surprise surprise - that makes things a bit ridiculously hard.
The bedroom pic was a combo of initial sketching from life, sloppy watercolour sketches and photos. So not in the least bit plein airy at all actually.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment